Thursday, May 21, 2009

the real reason Matt calls (VAL)

I got a call from Matt tonight around 9pm in NYC. That's 7am his time (on Friday, the first day of his weekend) so I wonder what's going on.

"Hey, I love you," he begins.
"Well, thanks! Good morning!" I reply. I'm starting to feel special, like he really misses me.
"I just woke up. Set my alarm to call you," Matt continues.
"Just to call me? How sweet..." I swoon. I'm thinking he must have something really important to share.
"Um, well, yeah... and... I'm calling to make sure you're not watching TV so that I can watch the Nuggets game live on the slingbox*," he adds sheepishly.

Ah, there's the truth. At least I know things haven't changed too much in our relationship; Matt's still found a way to dominate the TV remote from the other side of the globe. :)

*[the slingbox is a device that hooks up to our DVR/DirecTV receiver that allows us to tap into our TV through the internet, thus allowing ESPN to remain the most-watched channel on our TV even while Matt is away]

1 comment: