Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Matt joins Twitter (MATT)

Sorry all -- I've been bad about posting lately. I've been busy with work and sick for the past week or so.

I'll post an entry or two this weekend, but in the meantime, you can follow me on Twitter if you're so inclined. Using my phone, I find it's very easy to post short messages while I'm out and about. My new Twitter address is

http://www.twitter.com/Williams_Matt


Here are "tweets" from the past week:

- By paying taxes properly in Bangladesh, u can become a "CIP" - Commercially Important Person. Skip lines, special passport, other benefits 4:27 PM May 7th

- Per capita income in Bangladesh JUMPED 13 percent to $690 per year in '08. Given the extreme inequality, the majority still live on $1/day 4:31 PM May 7th

- To save electricity (acute shortage), the govt floated the idea of daylight savings. Concept is totally foreign and people cant fathom it.. 4:52 PM May 7th

- Cell phones here: Nokia, Samsung (i.e. IT good) but zero VM msgs or call wtg due to cultural norms. Idea of talking to machine "repulsive" 9:18 PM May 7th

- At outdoor market. Friend just asked me to walk away so he could get a fair price 9:19 PM May 7th

- Manny tests positive - what a surprise... Bring 'em all out into the open. Bud Selig is the real dope. 11:41 PM May 7th

- At Dhaka Westin, having a beer. As I've said before, T.A.I.T. - Thank Allah it's Thursday. Ahhh.. (Btw, Thurs is "brihOSpotibar" in Bangla) 11:53 PM May 7th

- My fake, oversized wedding ring keeps slipping off 1:47 PM May 8th

- Conf calls w/ colleagues in the US from 7:30-9pm on Fri night stink... Alas, on a rickshaw now heading to dinner with friends 9:00 PM May 8th

- 1:30am. Just chased a bat out of my bathroom. Caught it all on video. I screamed like a girl when it flew into me from behind. Back to bed.1:33 AM May 9th

- Almost just bought Coca-Cola bottled in 2002. MAYBE it'd still be good... 2:42 PM May 9th

- Just got a good haircut at a nice salon for $1 5:04 PM May 9th

- al-Qaeda threatened to blow up the US Embassy 1/2 mile from my apt. Told all diplomats to leave within 7 days. lovely... 10:54 PM May 9th

- mom/dad: ignore last tweet. not the first or last annoying threat 10:55 PM May 9th

- A/C has been cranking in bedroom. Step into room and it feels frigid. Check Brookstone alarm clock -- it's 81 degrees! How relative things r 11:18 PM May 9th

- just saw an 8 yr old running a cigarette stand 8:20 AM May 10th

- The common cold is all too common here. Ugh - it's tough to stay healthy 3:40 PM May 10th

- There are people riding on the roof of the run down old bus I'm traveling on 10:01 AM May 12th

- Wow, what a wonderful day in the field! Bangladeshis are amazing people 5:09 PM May 12th

- My driver just hit a guy (side mirror hit arm, but hard). My reaction: "ooh, not good." Driver's response: "idiot, sky looking" 5:36 PM May 12th

- procrastinating. doing anything and everything BUT finishing my NYU b-school app, which is what I should be doing. 8:30 PM May 13th

1 comment:

  1. Billy, I can't even imagine some of the stuff you are experiencing. Go Nuggets!!! Its been a long time since you almost knocked mirror off of Brooks Thompson's Range Rover.

    ReplyDelete