Sunday, May 3, 2009

goodnight this morning (VAL)

Matt and I have found that a convenient time for us to talk is during our commutes: as I head to work around 7:30 each morning, he is driving home at 5:30pm his time. I tell him about what I am planning to teach that day, while he recounts whatever work drama occurred over the past 8 hours. Because his job has been quite drama-filled lately, these conversations have continued as I get off the bus, walk to school, enter the building, and start unpacking my things in my classroom. I love the quizzical looks from eavesdropping coworkers who think I'm crazy or just not lucid yet since I'm saying "have a good night!" at 8 in the morning. I certainly never imagined that wishing Matt goodnight would become part of my morning routine, but that's what happens when you have a SpaHa-to-Bangla relationship.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys are able to keep in touch. Hooray for Skype!

    ReplyDelete