Fantastic blog--you two are naturals at this, so keep it up! Please add in more of Valerie's NY adventures, to which I hope to contribute in a couple of weeks when I visit her. And Matt, here's a connection to your lizards: There are folks in Manhattan who swear by geckos to keep the bugs at bay!
The best part of it all, is that they make the bricks, transport the bricks, only to hire women to smash the bricks. (there aren't rocks in the country... so they do all this to "make" rocks.) As you seem to be discovering, there is never a simple solution but there are solutions that offer a lot of laughs and head scratching!
Thanks for writing... It makes me laugh and cry! Keep us updated!
Matt and Val live in NYC where he works for a pharmaceutical company and she is a teacher. Matt is on a six month assignment in Bangladesh to facilitate a partnership between Pfizer and Grameen (winner of the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize). Valerie joined him in April for one week, and for his last 2 months (July-August).
That's insane! I'm so glad you're keep ing this blog! I hope you guys are doing well...enough. :-)
ReplyDeleteFantastic blog--you two are naturals at this, so keep it up! Please add in more of Valerie's NY adventures, to which I hope to contribute in a couple of weeks when I visit her. And Matt, here's a connection to your lizards: There are folks in Manhattan who swear by geckos to keep the bugs at bay!
ReplyDeleteThe best part of it all, is that they make the bricks, transport the bricks, only to hire women to smash the bricks. (there aren't rocks in the country... so they do all this to "make" rocks.) As you seem to be discovering, there is never a simple solution but there are solutions that offer a lot of laughs and head scratching!
ReplyDeleteThanks for writing... It makes me laugh and cry! Keep us updated!