Monday, June 8, 2009

date night, Dhaka-style (VAL)

I've definitely been spoiled over the past few years. Maybe it's the never-ending offerings of things to do in "the city that never sleeps", maybe it's Matt's (how do I put this...) "champagne tastes", but one thing is for certain -- we've had some awesome NYC dates. We're no Barack and Michelle (private jet to NYC for dinner and a play!), but we have enjoyed dates from Broadway musicals and off-Broadway plays to concerts in the park and live bands in hip bars, and some incredible gastronomical experiences at restaurants all over the city.

All this is to explain why I started chuckling when I received the following email from Matt (notice the enthusiastic use of punctuation):


"Did I ever tell you there is an A&W (2 blocks away)?!?!?

Just ordered chicken sandwich, lg chili cheese fries, and a root beer float with extra ice cream. I'm pumped!

Anyway, I'll take you here on a date for a float..."

1 comment: