Sunday, March 15, 2009

maiden voyage (VAL)

Well, Matt is off to Dhaka. Of course I'm sad to see him leave, and worried about him living so far away in a place with so much uncertainty. It's going to be a rough adjustment for awhile, as we have been living together for almost 3 years now, and haven't been this far apart since the LA-to-Amsterdam split in 2004. But I'm really trying to focus on the positive, so I have compiled a list of advantages I now have living by myself in our apartment:
- I already took over the shelves in our closet where Matt's clothes used to be
- no more ESPN constantly recording basketball games on TiVo, and just in time to miss March Madness
- our fridge has no meat, soda, or beer in it, and won't for six months
- drinking glasses are in the cupboard, not scattered all over the house
- I can pile up all the papers I want on Matt's half of the desk

at least there's something . . .

In any case, I wanted to set up this blog because I know Matt is busy and if I didn't get the ball rolling, we would miss hearing about the first month(s) of his adventures. I can say so far that I just talked to Matt and he is safe and sound at the Westin in Dhaka, about to go to bed for the first time in about 30 hours. Tomorrow he begins his first day of work! Wishing for all the best as we start this adventure . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment